Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Amazing Spiderman

Marvel Reads: The Amazing Spider-man, Les Origines $2.99

Okay, well this app is pretty..... amazing! I could not believe my luck coming across this, thanks to the iTunes Genius feature which I enabled on my iPad (I actually don't remember how I enabled it. At some point yesterday when I was on my iPad, I was asked if I wanted to enable it). Genius will recommend apps according to your purchasing history.

Anyway, I teach in a boys-only school, so now you understand why I was thrilled to find the Marvel Reads Apps:




Like other great apps, this one is available in many different languages which you get when you buy it at no extra charge. To find the languages, once the story starts you need to touch the spidey head in the bottom left hand corner:




The illustrations are fantastic and there are some special effects such as zooming in and out and sound effects that go with the narration. Every now and then there is a page for some interactive activity but it's kind of lame, to tell you the truth (the interactive pages, that is, or what they call "Mini-jeux").



There are 46 pages in total. And the language is very easy to understand. If the interactive pages were better, this would be a 5 star app. Well worth the money!

Below is a quick video clip of this app:




My rating: 4 out of 5 stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment